This weekend I was at my parents. I took the opportunity to hookup the server to the stereo. The server has HD audio onboard and mpd does not take that much cpu/mem so it seemed like a perfect opportunity. Since my father has windows on his desktop I had to check if QtMPC compiled on windows. And it did. Without any modifications. This means we coded nice and clean in Qt, which is a good thing :)
Sander and I started talking and we are both working on QtMPC again. But note that we are busy people so development won’t be as fast as it was in the old days.
I’m working on storing the database on disk (in XML since that works on both windows and Linux out of the box). Right now only writing to disk is working. But reading the file from disk should be ready pretty soon. Which will make the start up time a lot faster if you have a large music collection.
Sander is working on some small things that help enhance the user experience.
We will keep you posted.